DiscipleShift is an experience unlike any other.
This unique two-day experience will personally challenge you at three different levels: Head (Knowledge), Heart (Character) & Hands (Abilities)
DiscipleShift is also an interactive relational experience that will allow your team to be challenged, transformed and aligned.
During this two day training, you will be experiencing, learning and applying a relational discipleship process. This will be an opportunity for you to rediscover Jesus’ message of discipleship and to be involved in and experience His method of making disciples. We will also explore five key components of making and growing disciples of Jesus…that make disciples of Jesus.
Our hope is that rediscovering Jesus’ method for discipleship will help you lay a strong foundation for becoming a disciple making church. [more info]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT WILL I LEARN WHILE I AM THERE?
- Lead effective teams
- Be a leader people will want to follow
- Build healthy teams
- Model intentional relationship
- Becoming a coach vs star player
Relational Environments (Small Groups)
- Become a church of small groups
- Understanding the value of biblical story telling
- Development of relational environments for discipleship
- Effective small group facilitation
- Unity in your core beliefs
- Moving your entire church towards a common purpose
- Equipping your church body for the win.
- Developing intentional relationship within your church body.
- Alignment of the time, money and energy of your church with the win.
- Understanding the discipleship process
- Communicating an intentional discipleship process
- Becoming a disciple making church
WHAT OTHER RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE?
Once you complete DiscipleShift 1, you are eligible for the following resources:
- Small group story set – CDs How to do biblical story telling – DVD
- Small group pastor – job description
- Small group coach – job description
- Small group leader – job description
- 101 Joining the Team class guide – teacher and student editions
- 201 Discipleship Process class guide
- Learning to Share Your FAITH Workshop – DVD
- DiscipleShift 2 (All the above resources are included in DiscipleShift 2)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
DiscipleShift 1 is open to both staff and lay church leadership and emerging leaders. You’ll get a lot out of the experience attending alone, but attending as a leadership team will help get everyone on the same page and prepare you for taking your church to the next step in unity. We strongly encourage you to bring people of influence in your church:
- Senior Pastor
- Key staff members
- Board members
- Lay ministers
- Volunteer leaders
Registration is limited to 10 individuals from each church per DiscipleShift 1.
WHAT IS THE COST?
$275.00 per person (for on-site DiscipleShifts – Real Life Ministries, Post Falls, ID)
$345.00 per person (for off-site DiscipleShifts)
Please note that registration closes two weeks prior to each DiscipleShift 1 event.
We encourage you to register early as most DiscipleShift 1 events fill up quickly.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- All materials
- Lunch each day
The lunches are home cooked and hot. They always include a salad, rolls and dessert. One day the main menu will be chicken, rice or potatoes, and a vegetable. The other day will be roast beef, potatoes and a vegetable.
- Light breakfast foods each morning
Breakfast at DiscipleShift is hearty. This is more than a continental breakfast. There will be protein (eggs and meat of some type usually), fruit, pastries, yogurt and juice. Former participants and facilitators rave about the “North Idaho Grits.” Often there will be biscuits and gravy as well.
- Snacks and Drinks through out the day
During the day there will be snacks and beverages available to you. The snacks will include: fruit, nuts, cookies, candy, granola bars, trail mix and veggie trays. For beverages there will be: coffee, decaf coffee, tea, ice tea, water, regular and diet sodas. For the sodas, there will be a wide variety of flavors from colas to un colas to citrus soda and root beer.
If you have special dietary needs, please let us know these when you register. Our wonderful volunteer cooks, will usually be able to meet all dietary needs (if given proper notice). They have been able to accommodate low calories diets, gluten free diets, lactose intolerant diets and vegetarian diets. Please allow our volunteer team the opportunity to meet your dietary needs.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO BEFORE ATTENDING?
We only have two prerequisites for attending DiscipleShift 1:
- All attendees must have read the book: “Church Is a Team Sport” by Pastor Jim Putman. CLICK HERE TO ORDER “Church is a Team Sport”
- All Participants must be in agreement with the following basic statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative and inerrant Word of God. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally revealed to the world in the Father, the Son – Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. All things were created by Him and for Him.
- We believe that God sent His Son – Jesus Christ, to redeem all of mankind. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on this earth, was crucified for our sins, buried and was raised from the dead on the third day. We believe that Jesus is God. Through Jesus Christ and by Him only can mankind be saved. Jesus Christ sits at the Right Hand of the Father and will return someday to receive His Church unto Himself.
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin, revelation of God’s Word and spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. As Christians we seek to live under His direction and control daily.
- We are all sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God and will perish without the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as revealed in His Gospel. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ and God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty – death.
- Salvation can only be received through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Come with a good attitude and an open mind. We’ll provide everything else.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Wear casual, comfortable clothes. By casual, we mean: jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc. North Idaho has a variety of weather conditions in every season. Check the local weather forecast a few days before you travel. Sometimes the rooms can be chilly – bringing a light jacket or sweatshirt is always a good idea.
WHAT IS THE LOCATION?
Our DiscipleShift events are primarily hosted at our main campus (Real Life Ministries, Post Falls, ID). But as we partner up more and more with other like-minded disciple making churches, we have the opportunity to host our DiscipleShift events in various locations all across the United States. When registering, please make sure that you are registering for the DiscipleShift at the location that you are desiring.
Real Life Ministries - Main Campus
1866 Cecil Road, Post Falls, ID 83854
WHAT ARE SOME LODGING OPTIONS?
We have a whole page of travel, hotel and community information. Click Here.
WHAT IS THE DAILY SCHEDULE?
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Home groups may be available to visit thursday evening)
Friday: 8:00 am to 4:10 pm (Friday evening worship service 5:30 & 7:00 pm)
IS CHILDCARE AVAILABLE?
We know you love your children – we love ‘em too, but we ask that you leave the kids at home or arrange for childcare while you’re at DiscipleShift1. We do not provide or arrange for childcare. We also respectfully ask that you do not bring your children with you to the actual event as it is a distraction for both you and the other participants.